Application for Student Financial Assistance
Full-time undergraduates who have financial difficulties may apply for the following financial assistance schemes:
- Financial Assistance Scheme for Post-secondary Students (FASP) (aged 30 or below);
- Non-means-tested Loan Scheme for Post-secondary Students (NLSPS);
- Student Travel Subsidy;
- Community Care Fund Assistance Programs (Additional academic expenses grant);
- Community Care Fund Assistance Programs (Hostel subsidy);
- Community Care Fund Assistance Programs (Extra academic expenses grant for students with special educational needs and financial needs);
- Financial Assistance Scheme of Hong Kong Shue Yan University
Note: Undergraduates from overseas or mainland are not eligible for the above schemes. Undergraduates from Co-operative Programs may be eligible to apply for “Financial Assistance Scheme of Hong Kong Shue Yan University” and other internal bursaries.
- Freshmen should submit their online e-forms to the Working Family and Student Financial Assistance Agency (WFSFAA) through the E-Submission System in the electronic platform for FASP and / or NLSPS within one month from the commencement date of their program.
- Students who have passed the means test of FASP need not to submit separate applications for the Student Travel Subsidy and the above Community Care Fund Assistance Programs.
- To apply the HKSYU Financial Assistance Schemes, freshmen can download the application guidelines and the application forms from the website of Office of Student Affairs (OSA) during the application period. The completed application forms with the supporting documents should be submitted to the OSA in-person from 14 – 25 September 2020 during the office hours.